22 INTERNATIONAL GUITAR COMPETITION
JOSÉ TOMÁS – VILLA DE PETRER
July 10, 11 and 13, Cultural Center
⇒ OPEN REGISTRATION ⇐ (You can participate with the registration “only contest” or as “active” in the intermediate – superior master class)
“I have a great memory of José Tomás. I met him at Music courses in Compostela in 1974. Those weeks of class were decisive in my life.
They marked my guitaristic development and were an essential moment in the course of my musical life”.
1. Open to all students participating as “active” in the master classes of the 26 Guitar Festival and those registered in the option “only contest”
2. Category no age limit.
- Draw: July 8, 6:00 p.m. Sala Vicente Poveda, Cultural Center (it is not required to attend)
- Rounds Professional Category: Round 1: Monday 10, 16:00 h. – Semifinal: Tuesday 11, 16:30 h. – Final: Thursday 13, 17:00 h
- Awards: Thursday 13, 21:00 h. Cervantes Theater. Manuel Barrueco concert
4. Repertoire. (Maximum participation time with free choice repertoire)
- Round 1: 10 minutes.
- Semifinal: 15 minutes.
- Final: 25 minutes. Including at least two different epochs.
5. Scores. It will be sent by email in a single pdf file, a first page with the name, surname, age, nationality and country of residence of the contestant, the program to be interpreted and the scores in the same order indicated in the program. “A single pdf file” for each tie. (last day to send it, July 4).
6. The jury will consist of teachers and personalities from the world of music.
7. The decision of the Jury will be final. A maximum of 4 participants will be classified for the youth final (the jury will be able to decide if there is a change in this number). The final will be by voting system. The first prize will be the participant with the highest score.
8. The winning participants are required to collect the prize personally at the place and time where the awards gala is celebrated.
9. Prizes are subject to taxes or withholdings according to law, unless tax exemption apply.
10. Failure of any contract of award concerts will mean the loss of the rest of the concerts and the amount in cash.
11. Participation in the competition implies the transfer to PIMA Classical Guitar Association, festival organizer, the rights of reproduction and distribution, of photographic and recording material, under the legislation on Intellectual Property, through the media considered, all non-profit.
12. Participation in the 22 International Classical Guitar Competition, “José Tomás – Villa de Petrer” implies full acceptance of the rules.