XX INTERNATIONAL GUITAR COMPETITION
JOSÉ TOMÁS – VILLA DE PETRER
July 13, 14 and 15, Cultural Center
REGISTRATION from April 12
You can make your pre-registration by writing to
“I have a great memory of José Tomás. I met him at Music courses in Compostela in 1974. Those weeks of class were decisive in my life.
They marked my guitaristic development and were an essential moment in the course of my musical life”.
1. Open to all students participating as “active” in the master classes of the 24 Guitar Festival and those registered in the option “only contest”
2. Category up to 22 years old, on the date of the contest.
- Sorteo: July 12
- Rounds Youth Category: Round 1: Tuesday 13, 16:30 h. – Semifinal: Wednesday 14, 17:00 h. – Final: Thursday 15, 17:30 h
- Awards: Thursday 15 22:00 h. Cervantes Theater. David Russell Concert.
4. Repertoire. (Maximum participation time with free choice repertoire)
- Round 1: 8 minutes.
- Semifinal: 12 minutes.
- Final: 20 minutes. Including at least two different epochs.
5. Scores. A list with the works to be performed will be sent by email (deadline July 5). At the end of the draw (Monday 12 at 18:00 h.), 3 copies of each work of the First Phase will be delivered to the organization. The rest of the copies will be delivered before each test, Semifinal and Final
6. The jury will consist of teachers and personalities from the world of music.
7. The Jury’s decision is final. Only up to 4 participants will be selected for the final round (the jury can decide whether to change this figure). The jury may declare undecided prizes.
8. The winning participants are required to collect the prize personally at the place and time where the awards gala is celebrated.
9. Prizes are subject to taxes or withholdings according to law, unless tax exemption apply.
10. Failure of any contract of award concerts will mean the loss of the rest of the concerts and the amount in cash.
11. Participation in the competition implies the transfer to PIMA Classical Guitar Association, festival organizer, the rights of reproduction and distribution, of photographic and recording material, under the legislation on Intellectual Property, through the media considered, all non-profit.
12. Participation in the XX International Classical Guitar Competition, “José Tomás – Villa de Petrer” implies full acceptance of the rules.