XIX INTERNATIONAL GUITAR COMPETITION JOSE TOMAS – VILLA PETRER – Youth Category.
July 24 and 25
“I have a great memory of José Tomás. I met him at Music courses in Compostela in 1974. Those weeks of class were decisive in my life.
They marked my guitaristic development and were an essential moment in the course of my musical life”.
1. Open to all students participating as “active” in the master classes of the 23 Guitar Festival and those registered in the option “only contest”
2. Category governed by age: Youth Category: up to 22 year old
– Draw. July 22 (no attendance required)
– Presentation: July 23 21:30 h. Ermita de san Bonifacio
– Rounds Youth Category: First phase: July 24 16:30 h. – FINAL: July 25 17:00 h. Cultural Center
– Awards: July 25 22:’0 h. Park Nou D’ Octubre
4. Repertoire: Time estimated of total duration in scene.
– First round: 10 minutes maximum participation with repertoire of free choice.
– Final: 20 minutes maximum. Free repertoire including at least two different epochs.
– It must be sent to the organization a list with the details of the participant and pieces to be played in the different rounds (deadline July 20)
– The scores will be sent in order of interpretation, A4 format and in pdf to email@example.com until July 20
6. The jury will consist of teachers and personalities from the world of music.
7. The Jury’s decision is final. Only up to 6 participants will be selected for the final round. The jury may declare undecided prizes.
8. The winning participants are required to collect the prize personally at the place and time where the awards gala is celebrated. (Only if done in person)
9. Prizes are subject to taxes or withholdings according to law, unless tax exemption apply.
10. Failure of any contract of award concerts will mean the loss of the rest of the concerts and the amount in cash.
11. Participation in the competition implies the transfer to PIMA Classical Guitar Association, festival organizer, the rights of reproduction and distribution, of photographic and recording material, under the legislation on Intellectual Property, through the media considered, all non-profit.
12. Participation in the XIX International Classical Guitar Competition, “José Tomás – Villa de Petrer” implies full acceptance of the rules.
(In case of no face-to-face, new points will be attached to the contest rules for online format)