XIX INTERNATIONAL GUITAR COMPETITION JOSE TOMAS – VILLA PETRER – Youth Category.
Dates coming soon
“I have a great memory of José Tomás. I met him at Music courses in Compostela in 1974. Those weeks of class were decisive in my life.
They marked my guitaristic development and were an essential moment in the course of my musical life”.
1. Open to all students participating as “active” in the master classes of the 23 Guitar Festival (superior level)
2. Category governed by age: Youth Category: up to 22 year old
– Draw. Date coming soon
– Presentation: Date coming soon
– Rounds Youth Category: First round – Semifinal – Final: Dates coming soon
– Awards: Date coming soon
4. Repertoire: Time estimated of total duration in scene.
– First round: 8 minutes maximum participation with repertoire of free choice.
– Semifinal: 12 minutes maximum participation with repertoire of free choice
– Final: 20 minutes maximum. Free repertoire including at least two different epochs.
– It must be sent to the organization a list with the details of the participant and pieces to be played in the different rounds (Date coming soon)
– Before each round, 1 copie of each work must be given to the jury.
– Failure to submit scores means the elimination from the competition.
6. The jury will consist of teachers and personalities from the world of music.
7. The Jury’s decision is final. Only up to 4 participants will be selected for the final round. The jury may declare undecided prizes.
8. The winning participants are required to collect the prize personally at the place and time where the awards gala is celebrated.
9. Prizes are subject to taxes or withholdings according to law, unless tax exemption apply.
10. Failure of any contract of award concerts will mean the loss of the rest of the concerts and the amount in cash.
11. Participation in the competition implies the transfer to PIMA Classical Guitar Association, festival organizer, the rights of reproduction and distribution, of photographic and recording material, under the legislation on Intellectual Property, through the media considered, all non-profit.
12. Participation in the XIX International Classical Guitar Competition, “José Tomás – Villa de Petrer” implies full acceptance of the rules.