XX INTERNATIONAL GUITAR COMPETITION
JOSE TOMAS – VILLA PETRER
Young Promise Category
July 10 at 16:30, Petrer Cultural Center
REGISTRATION from April 12
You can make your pre-registration by writing to
“I have a great memory of José Tomás. I met him at Music courses in Compostela in 1974. Those weeks of class were decisive in my life. They marked my guitaristic development and were an essential moment in the course of my musical life”.
1. Open to all students participating as “active” in the master classes of the 24th José Tomás Guitar Festival and those registered in the “contest only” option.
2. Two modalities governed by age: (On the date of the contest).
- Mode A: up to 12 year old – Mode B: up to 16 year old
Draw and welcome: July 10 at 12:00 p.m.
Rounds Young promise category:
- Mode A: at 16:30 p.m. – Mode B: at 18:00 p.m.
Awards: July 11 at 12:00 h, Parish of San Bartolomé
4. Repertoire: (maximum participation time with repertoire of free choice).
- Mode A: 6 minutes. – Mode B: 10 minutes.
5. Scores. A list with the works to be performed will be sent by email (last July 5). At the end of the draw (Saturday 10 at 12:00 h), 3 copies of each work will be delivered to the organization.
6. The jury will consist of teachers and personalities from the world of music.
7. The Jury’s decision is final. The jury may declare undecided prizes.
8. The winning participants are required to collect the prize personally at the place and time where the awards gala is celebrated.
9. Prizes are subject to taxes or withholdings according to law, unless tax exemption apply.
10. Failure of any contract of award concerts will mean the loss of the rest of the concerts and the amount in cash.
11. Participation in the competition implies the transfer to PIMA Classical Guitar Association, festival organizer, the rights of reproduction and distribution, of photographic and recording material, under the legislation on Intellectual Property, through the media considered, all non-profit.
12. Participation in the XX International Classical Guitar Competition, “José Tomás – Villa de Petrer” implies full acceptance of the rules.