XVIII INTERNATIONAL GUITAR COMPETITION JOSE TOMAS – VILLA PETRER – Young Promise Category
from July 6 to 11, 2019
“I have a great memory of José Tomás. I met him at Music courses in Compostela in 1974. Those weeks of class were decisive in my life.
They marked my guitaristic development and were an essential moment in the course of my musical life”.
1. Open to all students participating as “active” in the master classes of the 22nd Guitar Festival elemental-medium level.
2. Category governed by age: Young promise up to 16 year old.
– Draw. All categories: Saturday 6th at 17:00 h. Cultural Center (not compulsory attendance)
– Presentation: Sunday 7th at 12:00 h. Horno Cultural (compulsory attendance)
– Rounds Young promise category: Unique FINAL round: Sunday 7th at 16:30 h. Cultural Center
– Awards: Sunday 7th at 20:30 h. Horno Cultural, concert by Christian Lavernier “La Soñada – Contemporary Future”
4. Repertoire: Time estimated of total duration in scene.
Young Promise Category: 10 minutes maximum partitipation with free repertoire
– It must be sent to the organization a list with the details of the participant and pieces to be played in the different rounds before June 25rd.
– Before each round, 1 copie of each work must be given to the jury.
– Failure to submit scores means the elimination from the competition.
6. The jury will consist of teachers and personalities from the world of music.
7. The Jury’s decision is final. The jury may declare undecided prizes.
8. The winning participants are required to collect the prize personally at the place and time where the awards gala is celebrated.
9. Prizes are subject to taxes or withholdings according to law, unless tax exemption apply.
10. Failure of any contract of award concerts will mean the loss of the rest of the concerts and the amount in cash.
11. Participation in the competition implies the transfer to PIMA Classical Guitar Association, festival organizer, the rights of reproduction and distribution, of photographic and recording material, under the legislation on Intellectual Property, through the media considered, all non-profit.
12. Participation in the XVIII International Classical Guitar Competition, “José Tomás – Villa de Petrer” implies full acceptance of the rules.